Monday, December 9, 2013

More on Honk!

Hey everyone,

Back during Thanksgiving, I talked a little about Honk! the Musical and why I think it had to do with Thanksgiving and why it's an important show in my opinion. Well, now I'm going to be in that show!

I've talked a little about the organization "Concord Youth Theater" in Concord MA, a place where I perform in many shows year-round. This winter they are putting on a production of Honk!, and I am going to be in the show.

I was looking up the show and the soundtrack, and it seems like a very well-written, creative, and well-done musical. I can't wait to be a part of the show.

In case you don't know...

Honk! is the story of the ugly duckling. Ida and Drake (the ugly duckling's mother and father), are waiting for their eggs to hatch, and are confused about the one big egg in their nest. When they all do finally hatch, Drake takes them down to go swimming, and Ida waits by the nest for the big egg to open. When it does, Ugly emerges, and his mother is shocked at his appearance, but loves him nonetheless.

Everyone else on the farm is not nearly as kind to him, and after he has had enough of the teasing, he runs away and is thrown into a crazy adventure on his way back to his mother.

I will post something in the future as well once I am cast and the show is under-way, but for now I highly
recommend you look up this show, because from what I've seen of it so far, it is going to be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment