Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Another Art

Since I was very young I liked to write. When I was about four I made a hand-written picture book about the Teletubbies, and later wrote a long hand-written book called "Henry the Worm".

As I got older, I would still write (or at least try to), but a lot of the time I would get stuck, or just not have the time to write an entire book.

And of course then I started doing theater, and that's when my writing "career" completely turned itself around. I've written a few shows of my own over the past few years, some of which are musicals and others are straight shows. Many shows I've never actually finished, but I've started a numerous amount.

Many times I perform shows I write with my cousins and siblings. Shows we've performed in the past include: "A Christmas Carol", "Peter Pan", "Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe", and a collection of short shows involving a cast of fictional, interesting, and bizarre characters called "Snelvin".  Other shows I've written but were never finished or performed are "Spongebob: The Musical", "Temple Run: The Musical", and "The Day the Rain Fell", which is an original show I wrote about a girl named Tallara who escapes an invasion of her town on a small fishing boat, and when she returns five years later her village has been turned into a large city and the members of the village who survived have been imprisoned, and so she joins a group of boys determined to rescue their people and defeat the takers of their home.

However, even though I have written some shows, I want to work on a larger project so I have a show I really love and want to share with others.

Of course, in order to do that I have to find a storyline or characters that I feel passionate about so I don't get stuck and the story flows. The reason I am telling you this is because I would love to get suggestions from you!

So please, if you have a cool idea for a plot or type of characters, comment below and give your ideas!

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment